So. It was good. Here’s a list of things that were notable, with accompanying media.
– PM’s camera broke on the Saturday (picture unavailable).
– Falco from Future Of The Left said some funny things, including (at one tool who looked like the cast of Skins compiled in vomit): “you’re like a kiddies version of Hellraiser without the benefit of rape.”
– The continual repetition, to the Beastie Boys’ refrain, of “NO! SLEEP! ‘TIL! SLEEP!!”
–Sleep playing with such unreasonable volume that PM’s hair wobbled.
– PM met some metal-hungry Germans in an opposite chalet, two of whom had travelled from the Swiss-German border solely to catch Electric Wizard and Sleep. The remaining German had a borderline-psychopathic knolwedge of alternative music.
– Seeing David Yow having a bud on a grassy verge. He looked angry, and ready to stagedive.
– Watching Jim Henson’s Labyrinth at 10AM on Saturday after about 6 hours’ sleep, and then retiring to the chalet to catch Pan’s Labyrinth.
That scene was really fucking weird with a blistering hangover.
– The bass player from Devo staying in character so much that he did his stupid robot march over to the sound guy to tell him to turn stuff up.
– Mark Mothersbaugh throwing bouncy balls into the crowd.
– This audience interaction:
Alan Sparhawk: “Any requests?”
Man in crowd #1: “THROW YOUR GUITAR AT SOMEONE!”
(uncomfortable silence as Sparhawk glares into the crowd)
Man in crowd #2: (meekly) “You rock!”
Alan Sparhawk: “Thanks.”
– Excellent hummus in the Pizza Hut buffet.
– A man in Taunton who saw PM and accomplice eating pasta: “Yorr parsta looks nooice… good to be ‘ealffy…”
See you at Christmas, ATP!